I have many reasons for creating this blog: I enjoy writing and want to improve; writing forces me to organize my thoughts; I hope that this blog will start conversations; but most importantly, I want to witness to the life available to all through Jesus Christ.
This blog won’t be entirely faith based. Rather, I should say that this blog won’t be entirely explicitly faith based. I will also write about sports, food, gambling, business and any other topic that interests me. These posts won’t explicitly discuss Jesus, but since Jesus is Lord of the entire world, they are related. Most of the blog, however, will explicitly discuss Jesus, God, faith, and the Bible.
For this reason, it is important that we have a solid framework for the story of the Bible. This framework will help us as we explore difficult questions like why do bad things happen to good people, how to balance the idea of being saved by faith alone with the importance of striving to live a moral life, and how can a loving God send people to hell.
My hope and prayer is that this blog will play a role in God’s story of redemption bring new life through the obedience of faith.
- Out of His love for us, God gave us commands that would bring us life.
- But we rejected God and his way of living and sought to be our own god.
- A price must be paid for our rejection and rebellion – that price is separation from God.
- God is the source of life, so when we were separated from God, death entered the world.
- Like an addict, we have become enslaved to our sin, our rejection of God and our desire to be our own god. This has brought more death and destruction.
- But God loves us and knows that life can only be found in Him.
- So God sent his only Son, Jesus, to reconcile us back to God.
- Jesus lived a perfect life, and on the cross, His perfect, loving, and eternal relationship with God the Father was severed – He endured the punishment we deserve.
- On the third day after Jesus was crucified, He rose from the grave, and in doing so defeated death.
- Through the power of the Holy Spirit, we can place our faith and trust in Jesus to pay the debt we could never repay and free us from our slavery to sin.
- And just as Jesus was raised from the dead, we are raised to live in newness of life, so that through the obedience of faith, we enter into a right relationship with God and are transformed to live the life God intended, a life that brings human flourishing and glory to God.